Thursday, August 28, 2014

imprinted only by force and purpose...


I mailed off this custom necklace yesterday. A man named David had me make it for his wife. It is stamped with Ruach Hakodesh, which means "Holy Spirit" in Hebrew. He sent me the email below after I emailed him the photo. (I asked permission first to share this) His words totally blew me away and gave me an entirely new perspective on what I do everyday. Praise God!!

"I have always loved the Hebrew script - and to have it hammered into metal is such a picture of how the word of God should have its imprint upon our hearts. He is set as a seal upon our hearts... Like the signet of the King imprinted upon the wax seal of the document, the promise endorsed and enforced by the King Himself.  But so often, our hearts are not as softened, or as warm as fresh wax...often more like metal...imprinted only by force and purpose. As if the purpose of God is so relentless, that even hardened hearts can be made His. As if He has replaced the harsh and terrible clang of Calvary's hammer with the soft tapping of His Spirit upon our hearts...with the tapping of your tools upon metal revealing His ancient Word..."



 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for blessing the Lord with your beautiful work! My wife is overjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your beautiful work are a blessing! Thank you for letting God use you so mightily!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin