Sunday, August 2, 2015

metamorphosis




metamorphosis

evolution, rebirth, alteration, change, 
mutation, transformation, transfiguration


*****************************************************

It's been over seven months since I last blogged. Honestly, it has been a long season of grieving, questioning, searching, thinking, and seeking God. My miscarriage back in October really threw me for a loop. My faith was shaken. And the grief and sadness that came over me were like no other I had ever experienced before. And in the months that followed, I began to seriously think I was going crazy. I went to a doctor and found out that my hormones were all out of balance and began taking natural supplements and doing bioidentical hormone replacement therapy. It has been a long process, but I am finally starting to feel balanced. I am learning to eat healthier and take better care of myself. And I have found my peace with God. I am 100% not the person I was before I lost the baby. I am completely different. And I am so so thankful. Loss and pain and grief can transform us like nothing else can. I am more compassionate to those around me that are hurting. I am more dependent on God. I am more tranparent with others. These past nine months has been such a profound and life-changing season for me. 



So here I am, ready to plunge back into the world of blogging again. I know that I have something to say. I know that I have a story to tell. The enemy can't silence me anymore. There is healing that can come out of brokenness. 

 

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:53 AM

    This is so beautifully written, Lora! You so eloquently put into words what life is like following a miscarriage. I have experienced many of the same feelings and lessons in the last 9 months also. And it is so so hard. Thank you for being brave enough to share. Your words along with God's grace are helping others to heal. I need to start writing again too but just haven't had the words. You have inspired me to just start somewhere. God never wastes a tear and I am so glad you are seeing His goodness in it all. Praying for your continued healing, sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see you back in this little space! It's funny how seasonal blogging can be, but how therapeutic and healing as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...blessings and peace be with you...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin